Paintballing can be quite the high octane sport, and as such, you may find yourself rushing around and even needing to slide to get yourself to cover that much quicker. In these scenarios, it would definitely be helpful to afford yourself some sort of protection.
Kneepads can offer you this protection and you can find options that are made especially for paintball, to offer you the most out of your equipment.
Within this article, we will go over some of the best options for Paintball Kneepads and what you could consider looking for when choosing which kneepads are best for you.
Top 5 Kneepads for Paintball
5. Most Popular
- PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION. The high density soft EVA foam padding conforms to your knees, making you feel like you’re kneeling on pillows. The thick gel layer cradles your joints. The breathable 600D polyester mesh keeps you cool and comfortable.
- ADJUSTABLE ELASTIC STRAPS. The military grade rivets and strong, heavy-duty straps make each knee protector extra stable by evenly distributing pressure. This keeps your gel knee pads for gardening and construction safe and secure.
- SUPERIOR PROTECTION. The flexible heavy duty cap combines lightweight design with the superb durability that a pair of work knee pads for men and women need. Use them as gardening knee pads, flooring knee pads or if you have sensitive knees.
4. Editor’s Choice
- Enhanced comfort and durability
- Contour, dual-layered, high-impact padding
- Neoprene knee support
- Lightweight, breathable 4-way stretch sleeve
- Removable upper and lower elastic velcro straps
3. Budget Option
- 1 pair kneepads (Left and right), Unisex design, two sizes available.
- Made of high-density strengthen foam, good elasticity, breathable fabric keeps skin dry, and more comfortable.
- Ergonomic design, super lightweight, provides freedom of movement. An ideal knee protector for outdoor sports.
- Protect and Prevent knee injuries during exercise. Keep warm, prevention and reduction of stiff muscles and joints. Effectively impact resistance, increase blood circulation.
- Great Grip, Non-Slip Feature! Easily put the knee pads on and forget that you had them on! That’s how comfortable it is whilst in use. No constant re-adjustment needed as it firmly hugs the knee!
2. Fan Favorite
- [Total Protection] – 3D molded pads form around your knee for optimal guard without sacrificing durability, mobility, or comfort
- [Built To Win] – Durable tear-resistant surfaces | High density molded foam | Padded stretch zones
- [Lightweight Design] – 30% lighter than competing pads | Lightweight reinforced pads
- [Full Mobility] – Less bulky than competing pads | Soft grip elastic cuff | Stretch zones increase flexibility
- [Comfort You’ll Love] – Breathable neoprene sleeve | Moisture wicking SkinSaver liner | Quick drying
1. Must-have Option
- [High Density 3D Foam] – Advanced Gel Foam inside the pad contours to your Knee while offering maximum protection during impact.
- [Total Protection] – We’ve combined the toughest fabrics to create an Knee Pad with full forearm protection to save you from hard dives, debris and sweat.
- [Second Skin Fit] – The Neoprene sleeve surrounding the Knee gives a snug and secure fit while playing Paintball.
Buyer’s Guide: Kneepads for Paintball
How much do Paintball Kneepads cost?
In terms of paintball, there isn’t all too much difference in price between kneepads and you can find a pair for an average price of around $30. Of course, depending on your budget and what features you would like, there are options both below and above this price point.
For cheaper and simpler kneepads, you can often get a pair for around $10-$15. For this price, you will get a basic, yet still functional piece of equipment that will offer you some protection. Perfect for a first-time buyer or someone trying out paintball for the first time.
At around $30 you can expect a product with additional padding and often some hard casing around the exterior to provide even further protection, although at the cost of some flexibility in the product.
At the higher prices of around $50, you will find the best kneepads for a fast-paced and highly mobile player. These kneepads have great protection and padding without compromising the flexibility and are streamlined so that wearing them under clothing is no issue at all.
Are Paintball Kneepads durable?
If you play a lot of paintball then you will want to make sure that the gear that your use in your games will hold up and allow you to enjoy many games. Luckily, paintball kneepads are designed with durability in mind and will allow you to get the most out of your time paintballing.
Materials such as foam, polyester, gels, and neoprene will allow for the kneepads to take some of the force from impacts for you and allow you to slide and drop as much as you need in your paintball games.
Often these materials will allow for the kneepads to have some flexibility in their design so that force from impacts can be distributed more evenly and prevent the materials from tearing and causing faults in the products.
Do Paintball Kneepads have padding?
You will find that kneepads for paintball may have more padding than kneepads intended for other uses. The padding on these products will often extend to just above the knee and nearly to the shins to facilitate sliding easier and more safely.
If you don’t incorporate sliding into your playstyle, you will still find that the padding on more typical types of kneepads will be more than adequate for the impacts from dropping to your knees or quickly taking a knee to fire back at an opponent.
The padding is often comprised of either a foam or a gel material and some kneepads will use a combination of both to produce their impact dampening effects.
Can I wear Paintball Kneepads under my clothing?
Yes, you can wear Paintball Kneepads under your clothing. Some are even designed with this in mind are purposefully streamlined to allow you to combine them with a wide variety of clothing options.
Having the ability to wear your kneepads underneath your clothing will afford you more maneuverability and let you make the most of your time paintballing. This is because your kneepads won’t hitch your clothing tight to your legs and restrict movement.
When paintballing, the ability to move freely is a great asset to your overall gameplay and so you should definitely consider whether you will need this from your kneepads depending on your individual playstyle.
Is there a variety of designs for Paintball Kneepads?
When considering something that you are going to be wearing on your person, you will probably want to be able to have a lot of different designs to choose from. In the case of paintball kneepads, you will find that there are a massive amount of designs that you can have.
This can be especially important for those of you who partake in MilSim (Military Simulation) where the look of your gear may have to match specific eras of military equipment.
For this variety of paintball, you would benefit from the huge array of designs available, looking for kneepads that match the old US or Russian military equipment for military re-enactment paintball for example.
Of course, there are also plenty of designs for the modern paintballer, with bright colors to help indicate teams and sleek designs that will look great in anybody’s set of gear. Often these designs will have much more of the modern technology that is put into the latest paintball equipment.
In conclusion, if you are in the market for some paintball kneepads then you will find there are a whole bunch of options for you to choose from.
Whether you are looking for sleek and stylish protection, or more reinforced kneepads, and even for milsim events, you should be able to find some appropriate for you.
Hopefully, this article has been helpful in showing you some good options for paintball kneepads and given you some idea of what to look out for when considering a pair for purchase.