Good Online Seller
- Lightweight: 35 pound assembled weight, easy to carry, transport and travel, similar to higher end baskets, while taking up a smaller footprint
- 24 Zinc Coated Chains: 12 inner and 12 outer chains for high visibilty tournament quality practice without sacrificing durability
- Standard Height: 52-inch disc golf basket height, basket cage 26-inches in diameter, built to PDGA specifications for practice that translates to the course
- Quality Contruction: 1.5-inch heavy-duty all metal pole with black powder coating, sturdy, included ground stakes ensure quality practice on any surface
- Practice Basket: Quick set up and breakdown, easy storage, disc golf basket to practice and improve aim and develop a stronger arm, complete your disc golf set
- DISC GOLF TRAINING: Our Disc Golf Basket is durable and well-constructed, with high-quality metal chains suitable for advanced practice for your putting form. Whether you’re a pro or just starting, this is an excellent training basket for a disc golf target. Perfect for tournament practice or family fun in the backyard or virtually any outdoor open area, enjoy this fantastic new development in the world of sports and get ready for fun!
- 30 COURSE-READY CHAINS: The Disc Golf Basket has been designed to be course-ready and durable. The golf chains and the post are heavy-duty galvanized steel and catch any thrown disc. Our 3-level chain set (12 Outer Chains, 12 Mid Chains, and 8 Inner Chains) is course-ready right out of the box!
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Add some real action to your backyard with a disc golf basket. This metal sleeve will easily fit into the ground so that players of all skill levels can enjoy the game. Plus, the reinforced structure provides years of durability. This basket is made from hot-dipped galvanized steel to withstand even the harshest weather conditions.
Small and Portable
- SIMPLE TRANSPORT & SET UP: Comes with matching tote bag for quick transportation and storage; Easy one-action set up
- STURDY DESIGN: 12 steel chains help better mimic a permanent target; Five legs create a wide, solid base; Anchor rings and stakes help secure on uneven surfaces and windy days
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighs just 15 pounds; Our lightest portable target
- MESH FABRIC: Extra wide basket tray is made of lightweight, durable, quick-drying mesh; Designed to withstand wind and weather
- PORTABLE: Perfect for camping, trips to the beach, adventures in the mountains or on a trip to the park; Also great for schools, churches, and youth camps
- 【Stable & Robust】This solid disc golf target is made for the ultimate catching experience, with 12 durable galvanized chains that won’t disappoint you. The welded joints and reinforced base make sure you won’t have any wobbling. We even threw in 3 ground stakes to ensure double the stability!
- 【Portable & Easy-to-store】Built in a lightweight and collapsible structure, this disc golf basket is super convenient to transport wherever you go. Plus, when you’re done using it for the day, it easily disassembles into a flat and compact size for easy storage.
- 【Thoughtful Details】This disc golf basket features a sizable 64 cm / 25.2″ basket designed to catch and store discs with ease. Besides, the colorful flag on top is sure to help boost your accuracy. Three ground anchors are included for improved stability.
- Heavy-duty & Anti-rust: This disc golf basket is constructed of powder-coated metal frame and galvanized chains. Excellent rust and weather resistance make this basket a durable disc sport accessory for outdoors
- Stable & Sturdy: Solid basket contains 24 strands of heavy duty chain for better catching; welded joints and big base frame strengthen the stability of this basket, no need to worry about tipping over by the hit from the disc or wind
- Portable & Easy-to-store: Built in a lightweight yet sturdy structure, convenient to move and transport; can be simply disassembled into a flat and compact size when not in use
The key to getting good is practice. And for a disc golf starter or professional, the only thing more important than accuracy in throwing is the accuracy to putt a disc in the basket. This brings us to the topic of your basket.
Why do you need a basket? If you are installing a basket to get better putts, then portability is a big issue.
Fortunately, we take the time to check out the best portable disc golf baskets the market has to offer. You can make an informed choice.
What is the price range for a portable disc golf basket?
Before you set out to shop for a basket, you must have a budget. Like most disc golf essentials, baskets are affordable and have a wide price range.
A basic starter basket can cost about $100. That’s a great price to start. As you go up the ranks, you will find better baskets with better features.
That means, though, that you’ll have to add a couple of bucks to your budget.
And if you are going to be spending anything between $100 to $250 on a portable disc golf basket, you must get the finest.
This is what you should be ticking off your checklist when you go looking for the best portable disc golf basket.
The quality of construction will determine how long you use your basket. There are different substances used to construct the baskets.
Some materials are more likely to deteriorate faster than others. However, excellent construction ensures that you will have a sturdy basket even with a short shelf life.
Excellent construction will not bend or break unnecessarily. Construction needs to go hand in hand with the material.
Material is just as important as high-quality construction standards. Some disc golf baskets are made using mesh fabric and metal.
While blending material makes the final product light and easy to carry, it also makes it susceptible to breakage.
Blended materials are highly likely to get damaged, mostly if they are left outside for extended periods.
Alternatively, you can get steel or metal disc golf baskets. Steel and metal baskets are heavier.
However, it’s a small price to pay for durability. The steel material is also powder coated. This reduces your basket’s chances of getting rust even when it is left out for a while.
At face value, the designs of the baskets all seem similar. However, some companies have stepped up to make it easy for you to practice with their baskets.
That includes the number of chains and the depth of the basket.
A few baskets come with 12 chains, while others have 18 chains. There are even others with 24 chains.
Depending on your skill level or the purpose of setting up, you can choose to work with one that suits you. A 24-chain basket makes for an excellent basket.
There is a higher chance of the disc hooking into the basket with 24-chain than a chain with 12 chains.
Newer models of disc golf baskets have a deep-seated basket area. This makes it easier to take more discs.
This feature comes in handy, especially when you take the basket to a professional session course.
How fast can you set it up?
It would beat the purpose of portability if a disc golf basket weren’t easy to set up. Most baskets come disassembled in 5 pieces.
These parts are easy to put together. The screws don’t need any tools to make the basket stable. Check the stability and strength of the base.
The baskets take 5 minutes to set up. Whether you are a professional play or just starting, setting up a basket is one of the first things you will learn quickly.
They are also easy to take down and pack away.
Is it foldable?
Foldable disc golf baskets seem like they are reserved for amateurs. However, did you know you can get foldable baskets that are PDGA-approved?
One of the perks of this type of basket is that they are effortless to take down and set up.
They feature light material and come with a bag so you can take them down, pack them, and head to a different course.
Consider a foldable basket, particularly if you are looking for a high-quality practice basket.
They cost less than other baskets, yet they can withstand harsh weather and still get you quality playing time.
Putting is one of the most challenging tasks in disc golf, more so for a beginner.
However, if you want to improve your game drastically, you need to learn with a narrow target.
Granted, it’ll be hard to get successful shots. Still, you’ll gain a lot of confidence from being an accurate marksman with a narrow target.
You can apply your accuracy on tournament-approved baskets on an actual course. These will be an easier target if you are used to narrow targets.
The bright colors and the flags on a disc golf basket are not only for show. These colors and flags are great when you throw discs from a distance.
Practice sessions can be more challenging with these brightly colored baskets. You can see the target from a distance.
Keeping a sharp eye will help with your approach throws and your drives.
Color also makes it easy to identify your basket in a course. If you’ve got multiple people playing, you’d want to mark the area you are in.
Is it PDGA-approved?
Would you rather buy a non-approved basket that you can only use for practice throws or invest in a tournament-approved basket that you can carry when you level up?
It is better to have a PDGA approved basket so you can practice with the concept of real competition in mind.
It saves you money, and you have a reliable basket in case you have to attend a tournament.
Besides, PDGA-approved baskets meet game regulations on quality construction, stability, and competition readiness.
PDGA approvals come in three levels. Basic level baskets are approved for practice sessions at home, in your yard, and parks.
Standard level baskets are cleared for local championships. Championship approved baskets are cleared for professional tournaments.
All portable disc golf baskets are portable, but some are more portable than others.
Carrying a basket around an 18-basket course can take a toll on your shoulders and your back.
Lightweight baskets are great for your back; they fold quickly, and are compact for storage.
However, most of them don’t last long, and they might only be suitable for home use or practice.
Heavy-duty portable disc golf baskets may eventually take a toll on your back.
However, you will most likely have a basket that is approved for tournaments, can withstand harsh conditions, and will remain stable throughout.
Can you have more than 1 portable disc golf basket?
It is recommended that you keep at least 2 portable disc golf baskets.
You can have a cheap one at home for practice and tournament ready basket for professional games.
These 2 are different in design and construction. They differ both in height and basket depth.
Having 2 baskets makes sure you have a long-lasting basket for each session.
A portable disc golf basket is a must-have for any serious disc golfer. And every golfer needs to have the best equipment they can get.
This guide gives you a quick checklist of the things that should influence your purchase.