A great way to enhance a Cosplay with a new level of detail is to use Facepaints to accentuate your designs further. There are a number of Facepaint sets that come with accessories to help you make some cool cosplay designs.
Within this article we will go over some examples of the some great Facepaints for Cosplay, as well as some considerations you should be making when look for the right product for you Cosplay needs.
Top 5 Facepaints for Cosplay
5. Most Popular
- WHAT WILL U GET – 12 premium vibrant colors Face Paint that are vivid and striking,with a great colors selection,including Pearl Gold + Pearl Silver,shining you in crowd, and also comes with 10 vary sizes high-quality painting brushes, to help users for great control & precision painting.These colors are vibrant, rich, transparent, durable, and will not crack, this beginners oil-based paint set are going on well and shade-easy to blend and create an endless range of colors.
- CREAMY OIL BASED FACE PAINTING PALETTE – As with any professional oil-based cream makeup, NOT water-activited painting, it may take sometime to dry(But not exactly dry out completely), we highly recommend to use setting transparent powder to make it dry faster and get longer lasting makeup with no easy transferring after applying. It is easy to apply and blend for creating your desired colors.
4. Fan Favorite
- PROFESSIONAL 15 COLORS PAINT OIL : It works exceptionally well for all aspects of face and body painting such as line work, based work, blending, layering, and meets the needs of pro face painters and beginners.
- VIVID COLORS : Through your creativity, you can blend colors to paint various colors and unique looks on your skin, which will last a long time and always present vibrant colors.
3. Budget Option
- A Face Body Paint palette refilled 20 creamy intensive pigmented colors in a convenient and sturdy plastic case that applies easily with sponge or brush. It can be used on the face and body.
- Tattoo Face Body Paint is made of high quality ingredients to be easy blended, comfortable on the skin while being vibrant. It remain flexible to resist cracking while drying quickly to a smudge-proof and durable finish but minimal rub-off.
- 20 flash Aqua colors is suitable for creating many different looks. It included bossy gold and silver, pink,purple,red,yellow, blue,green,brown of all basic (plus extra black and white). It meet the needs of different occasions. The colors can be easily shaded together to obtain a wide variety of effects for artistic makeup or special effects coloring.
2. Must-have Option
- SAFE AND EASY USE, WASH OFF EASY – Our facepainting palette is great for sensitive skin – the colors are skin friendly, food grade pigmented and contain skin-safe ingredients, so it’s great for valentines day gifts for kids or adults. The makeup colors dry fast, they are easy to wash and remove with mild soap and warm water. The Face Painting Set is safe for kids, No Paraben included, dermatologist tested and also confirms to ASTMD-4236.
- PROFESSIONAL OR BEGINNER, YOU CHOOSE! Our water based face paint set is easy to use, whether you are a Pro or just like to have fun! It is a water activated face paint – just add water and adjust to the consistency you need. It’s great for professional face painters, beginners, adults or children. Complete your Purim costume looks with this kit.
1. Editor’s Choice
- 16 VIBRANT COLORS – Our Face paint Palette for Kids and Adults includes 18 beautiful colors, non grease: Black facepaint, White, Light Green, Dark Green, Brown, Pink, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Medium Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Dark Purple, Red and 2 metallic colors of Gold and Silver. Unlike glitters, they are not flaky, so you will get a smooth experience. Perfect valentines day gifts for kids or adults.
- PROFESSIONAL OR BEGINNER- YOU CHOOSE! Our water based face paint kit is easy to use, whether you are a Pro or just like to have fun! It is a water activated face paint – just add water and adjust to the consistency you need. It’s great for professional face painters, beginners, adults or children. So whether you try goth makeup, creepy makeup, deer maekup or any special effects makeup for dia de las muertas or art party day- we know you can do it!
Buyer’s Guide: Top Facepaint for Cosplay
How much will Facepaint for Cosplay be?
The cost of any product can be a hugely important aspect in your decision of whether you are to purchase it or not. In the case of Facepaints for Cosplay, you will find that on average the products you will be finding are priced at around $15 to $20.
For this price, you will be getting a diverse range of colors and tones to be able to make a great design for your cosplay. Often these sets will comes with accessories that can be a great help in allowing you to get the full potential out of your cosplay.
Some sets will even come with metallic-style paints that can be great for cosplays for characters that are robots or androids and can provide a unique look to your cosplay that can be hard to recreate without them.
What accessories will come with my Facepaint?
The accessories that come with your facepaint set can make all the difference in what you can do with the product. A wide variety of accessories will really open up all the possibilities for what cosplays you can produce with your facepaints by allowing you to create more interesting designs.
Having a decent amount of brushes with different sized ends can help you to add another level of complexity to your facepaints. Having the ability to create different sized lines when facepainting can be a huge help to making sure you can recreate the essence of the character you are cosplaying.
These are an excellent tool for making sure that you can create a base for your facepaint that is quick and easy. The large surface area of the sponge will allow you to apply large amount of paint at a time that can really speed up the facepainting process.
Hair Chalk Brush
Another accessory that some facepainting sets provide is a hair chalk brush. This is an excellent tool for adding highlights to your hair when you don’t want to spend the extra time and money using hair dye.
Hair chalk also has the added bonus of being easy to wash out after you are done cosplaying.
If you are in need of small designs to be applied to your face for your cosplay, then some facepainting kits can include stencils that can be very useful in letting you make the most out of your facepaint.
Instead of risking messing up the design freehand, you can use one of the included stencils to create an accurate design and add more depth to you cosplay.
Is Facepaint for Cosplay easy to wash off?
One problem that you will want to avoid when using Facepaint for Cosplay is having facepaint that is hard to remove. This can add unnecessary stress and annoyance to what would otherwise be a fun and rewarding time. All paints will be relatively easy to remove, you just need to right equipment.
Depending on the type of paint used you will find that some paints are harder to remove than others.
Water-based paints will wash off very easily, simply using mild soap and warm water like you would usually wash your face will allow you to remove the paint and speed up your time in taking off your cosplay when you are done.
Oil-based paints are also very easy to remove, although you will find it harder with traditional soap and water.
With these kinds of paints using either olive oil or a professional waterproof makeup remover will do the trick and allow you to wash the paint from your face with ease.
Is Facepaint for Cosplay easy to use?
Luckily for anyone who is considering using face paints for their cosplay, most facepaint sets you will find are incredibly easy to use thanks in large part to the included accessories.
By using the wide variety of tools included in the set such as brushes, sponges, and stencils you can make the face painting extremely easy to apply and can create wonderful designs.
Likewise, you will find no trouble with the removal of the facepaint as with either oil or water-based solutions the removal is extremely quick and easy. Even if you happen to get stuck you will find information included in a small guide as well as wealth of information being available online.
Hopefully, this article has been helpful in showcasing you some fantastic options for Cosplay Facepaints as well as giving you some useful information on what to look out for when shopping for facepaints.